|Category||Location||Salary / Rate||Type|
|Allied Health||Sacramento, California||Full-Time|
A Surgical Technician performs any combination of tasks before, during and after surgery to assist the surgical team.
- Places equipment and supplies in operating room and arranges instruments, according to instructions.
- Assists team members to place and position patient on table.
- Scrubs arms and hands and aids team with gowns and gloves.
- Maintains supply of fluids, such as plasma, saline, blood and glucose for use during operation.
- Hands instruments and supplies to surgeon, holds retractors, cuts sutures, and performs other tasks as directed by the surgeon during operation.
- Puts dressing on patient following surgery.
- Counts sponges, needles and instruments before and after operations.
- Washes and sterilizes equipment, using germicides and sterilizers.
- Cleans operating room.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Supports and executes the mission, ethics, and goals of the company effectively
- Represents themselves in a positive and professional manner in the company and community.
- Adheres to dress code with a clean and neat professional appearance.
- Reports on time and as scheduled in order to complete work within designated time.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures outlines in the Employee Handbook, Employees Agreement, or communicated from executive team.
- 1+ year experience as a Surgical Technician within the past three years preferred
- Graduate from an accredited Surgical Technologist training program with subsequent certification in surgical technology
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Current BLS
- Stand, walk, bend/stoop, squat continuously
- Reach about shoulder level frequently
- Occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Frequently lift up to 20 pounds.
- Exposed to blood borne pathogens continuously
- Occasionally exposed to chemotherapeutics and toxic chemicals