Sterile Processing Tech
|Category||Location||Salary / Rate||Type|
|Allied Health||Glendale, California||Full-Time|
Participate in the activities of a sterile processing system responsible for decontamination, inspection, cleaning, assembly and packaging of all reusable linens, instruments and medical/surgical equipment as well as delivery of same.
- Perform and participate in the decontamination, inspection, cleaning, assembling and packaging of medical/surgical material to include, but no limited to, linen, instruments and equipment according to established standards and procedures to ensure a sterile and functioning supply of materials.
- Prepare trays for designated areas according to prescribed procedures. Wrap and/or package items for specified areas according to procedures prescribed for those designate areas. Must be able to operate bar code instrument tracking system. Disassemble, clean, assemble and test instrumentation for proper functioning.
- Document missing equipment via use of computer.
- Operate steam, gas (EtO), and other methods of sterilization. Operate tray tracking system per each load as well as individual trays.
- Perform simple maintenance on equipment by use of the Bowie-Dick test packs, cleaning of filters and drains and use of biological test packs.
- Use knowledge of different types of sterilization materials and equipment to choose the appropriate material for sterilization process.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and materials to include documenting usage, issuing, receiving and recording as assigned.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Supports and executes the mission, ethics, and goals of the company effectively
- Represents themselves in a positive and professional manner in the company and community.
- Adheres to dress code with a clean and neat professional appearance.
- Reports on time and as scheduled in order to complete work within designated time.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures outlines in the Employee Handbook, Employees Agreement, or communicated from executive team.
- Requires the ability to provide and follow instructions related to the cleaning, assembly and sterilization of medical/surgical supplies and equipment.
- High School Diploma. College preferred.
- 1+ year experience