|Category||Location||Salary / Rate||Type|
|Allied Health||Stockton, California||Full-Time|
Respiratory Therapists assist patients of all ages who suffer from pulmonary (breathing) disorders. In addition to analyzing and performing diagnostic testing, respiratory therapists perform relevant exams and control patients' blood-oxygen levels, as well as set up and utilize cardiopulmonary equipment and machines needed to assist or monitor the patients' breathing.
- Treat all types of patients including infants and the elderly.
- Consult with physicians and other healthcare staff to help develop and modify individual patient care plans.
- Provide complex therapy requiring a great deal of independent judgement, e.g. caring for patients who are on life support in hospital intensive care units.
- Evaluate patients by performing limited physical examinations and conducting diagnostic tests including those that measure lung capacity and test of acidity and alkalinity of the blood.
- Treat patients by using oxygen or oxygen mixtures, chest physiotherapy, and aerosol medications.
- Perform regular checks on patients and equipment.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Supports and executes the mission, ethics, and goals of the company effectively
- Represents themselves in a positive and professional manner in the company and community.
- Adheres to dress code with a clean and neat professional appearance.
- Reports on time and as scheduled in order to complete work within designated time.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures outlines in the Employee Handbook, Employees Agreement, or communicated from executive team.
- Prefer 1+ year of experience as a Respiratory Therapist within the past three (3) years of employment.
- Graduate from an accredited Respiratory Therapy training program with subsequent certification in Respiratory Therapy
- Knowledge of medical terminology