|Category||Location||Salary / Rate||Type|
|Healthcare Administration||Palo Alto, California||Full-Time|
Registration Clerk Job Summary:
Covelo Group is seeking administrative professionals with experience in healthcare for a long-term position in Palo Alto. This patient registration role is a career launch pad for those pursuing healthcare administration! We want to give you the opportunity to work alongside some of the best the industry has to offer in one of the most prestigious medical centers in the country! You will be responsible for a wide range of duties varying from recording simple patient demographic information to verifying insurance eligibility. Our ideal candidate would have a solid background in hospital admitting and a working knowledge of reimbursement requirements of healthcare payors.
If you're looking for an opportunity where effort, compassion, and attention make a difference, look no further. Let us open your door!
As a Covelo Registration Clerk, you can expect:
- Long-term, full-time position with competitive, weekly pay.
- Eligibility to enroll in benefits after just 30 days of employment.
- Clear path to career advancement with an outstanding medical organization.
- 24/7 on-call support from your Covelo team!
Your day-to-day will include:
- Interviewing patients to collect basic demographic information and financial/insurance data.
- Calculating and discussing liability estimates with patients.
- Entering authorization and insurance verification into the digital records system.
- Maintaining proficiency and compliance with all infection control, health, and safety policies designated by the department.
- Performing other administrative or data entry duties as required.
What we are looking for:
- At least 2 years of healthcare administration, data entry, administrative assistant, or other related experience in a medical facility.
- Proficiency with health insurance eligibility and related government programs: Medi-Cal, Medicare, CCS.
- Experience with EPIC Systems EMR software preferred.
- Ability to operate basic office machinery and navigate a computer proficiently.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.