|Category||Location||Salary / Rate||Type|
|Healthcare Administration||Palo Alto, California||Full-Time|
Job Family: Patient Access Services
Job Title: Patient Access Rep II
- Bargaining Unit Status: Non-Union
- Reports to: Patient Access Services Manager
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Job Code: 600311
- Job Schedule and Grade:
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The Patient Access Services job family is responsible for completing or existing financial resources to pay for medical care and services, assist with patient inquiries regarding insurance benefits and payor specific requirements. Handles routine customer service inquiries and problems. Processes necessary admission/registration paperwork and obtains necessary documents for billing and compliance requirements.
The PAR II position is intended as an intermediate-level position for individuals with a solid background in hospital patient admitting and working knowledge of reimbursement requirements of healthcare payors. It is expected that individuals in this level will acquire the necessary job skills, knowledge, and other qualifications through on-the-job and/or formal training in order to advance to the Patient Admitting Representative III level.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities required by positions in this job classification. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility entailed.
- Maintains professional communication with various PAS staff, medical center staff, physicians, guests and patients regarding the admitting services rendered at Stanford Medical Center. Communication may consist of telephone correspondence or in person contact.
- Provides excellent customer service to all individuals with whom the employee has contact.
- Applies customer service and health care coverage experience to assist a broad range of clients, patients and families as it relates to admitting activities.
- Handles patient accounting and patient admitting issues and projects of moderate scope.
- Meets weekly individual productivity goals and standards while following planned priorities as set by the Team Manager/Coordinator.
- Performs the compete registration and admitting process from start to finish.
- The specific job duties will be comprised of a combination of responsibilities from among the various areas of PAS operations including: Onsite, Ancillary, Financial Counselor, Access Unit and Emergency Department Registration.
- Performs Lab Intake which includes Laboratory blood draw check in and accessioning.
- Coordinates with study coordinators coordinates to accession study blood draws and/or deliver communication on where and when samples are ready.
- Performs Radiology intake which includes accessing RIS database to verify and/or release orders, schedule and track appointments.
- Assures secure handling and accurate recording of payments collected at the point of service delivery.
- Observes all applicable policy and procedures.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the management or leads.
- Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Experience preferred: Two (2) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to analyze operational and procedural problems and develop, recommend and evaluate proposed solutions.
- Ability to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medi-Cal, Workers Comp, Managed Care (HMO,PPO,POS,etc.), Children’s Health Programs (CCS, GHPP, Healthy Families, etc.)