Hospital Pharmacy Technician Job Summary:
Covelo Group is seeking licensed Pharmacy Techs for an opportunity available in San Francisco! This Pharmacy Technician position will afford you the opportunity to grow your skills and expand your professional network with a nationally recognized medical center! Our ideal candidate has strong organizational and communication skills, in addition, clinical pharmacy experience is a plus, but not necessary. Being an in-patient care center, your days will be busy and challenging, so solid time management skills are a must! Also, given the current state of the pandemic, it is possible that you will support departments treating COVID-19 patients. So if you're ready to do what you can to help your community heal, we would like to speak with you!
As a Covelo Pharmacy Technician, you can expect:
- Long-term, dependable job with competitive weekly pay
- Benefit eligibility (medical, dental, vision, life, and more) after only 30 days of full-time employment
- 401(k) with company match
- Excellent opportunities for professional development and industry networking
- 24/7 support from your Covelo team so you can focus on building your career!
Day-to-day duties include:
- Maintaining required pharmacy supplies and equipment at workstations
- Tracking stock levels of pharmaceuticals and other supplies
- Keeping accurate records of stock dispensed and distributed
- Preparing medications for distribution, including necessary instructions for use
- Assisting Pharmacists in performing quality checks (e.g. fridge temperatures, end-product testing, etc)
- Performs basic calculations including dosages and flow rates
- Processes medication reconciliation documents in the computer system
We are looking for:
- A current CA Pharmacy Tech license
- A 4-year degree in a science major or an Associate's in Pharmacy Technology is preferred
- Strong mathematical skills are required to accurately perform dosage calculations and flow rates
- Pharmacy Tech experience in a medical center a plus but not necessary!
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with conviction and arrest records