|Category||Location||Salary / Rate||Type|
|General Healthcare||New York, New York||Full-Time|
Under the direction of a Patient Escort Dispatcher/Supervisor, transport patients to various areas of the Medical Center. A patient escort is also responsible for transporting patient equipment and various other patient related paraphernalia in a 24-hour operation, 7 days a week. Incumbent will complete all task following departmental guidelines and University policies and procedures. Work in unison with dispatchers, supervisors, and management to perform at a standard, which is acceptable by the department of Patient Transportation Services
- Transport patients to various areas of the hospital via gurney, bed, crib or wheelchair
- Transport of empty transport equipment (gurney, bed, crib or wheelchair)
- Transport patients using a free-flow oxygen device such as a mask, cannula, Aerosols, and croquettes.
- Transport isolation patients, using appropriate attire for patient movement.
- Assist a licensed nurse in connecting and disconnecting traction equipment.
- Assist a licensed nurse in transporting patients with I.V. pumps.
- Assist a licensed nurse with the movement of I.V. pumps from a bed to a wheelchair with an I.V. pole.
- Work with patient escorts, nursing staff, physicians, patients, and other hospital personnel.
- Keep the department supervisor or manager abreast of problems encountered or unusual situations.
- Maintain Departmental equipment & retrieve unused equipment (wheel-chairs, gurneys, 02 tanks, etc.) and return them to the MC Parking Area
- Report any equipment malfunctions to supervisors ASAP
- Observe all hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Display a professional attitude as well as a neat appearance at all times.
- Retrieve unused beds, crib, gurneys and wheelchairs and return to department
- Calls, keeps dispatcher informed of status of call
- Escort always checks patient's I.D. band & chart before transport
- Obtains necessary signatures prior to transports to ensure patient identity
- Supports and executes the mission, ethics, and goals of the company effectively
- Represents themselves in a positive and professional manner in the company and community.
- Adheres to dress code with a clean and neat professional appearance.
- Reports on time and as scheduled in order to complete work within designated time.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures outlines in the Employee Handbook, Employees Agreement, or communicated from executive team.
- Ability to understand and communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to satisfactorily perform job duties as defined in the job description.
- Willingness to be taught/learn new skills.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic computations (addition and subtraction).
- Ability to organize and effectively set priorities.
- Ability to carry out duties of first responder in emergency situations.
- Basic computer skills.