Patient Services Representative Job Summary:
Covelo Group is seeking an administrative professional with front desk or receptionist experience for a long-term position with a major medical center in Palo Alto, CA. This customer service role is a full-time position where you may be responsible for a wide range of duties varying from recording simple patient demographic information to verifying insurance eligibility. This position is a great opportunity for Healthcare Administration professionals to get your foot in the door with one of the top medical centers nationwide and start building a career where your effort and compassion truly will help others!
- Interview patients to collect basic demographic information and financial/insurance data
- Calculate and discuss liability estimates with the patient
- Enter authorization and insurance verification into the digital records system and work with Physician’s staff to resolve complex authorization requirements
- Maintain proficiency and comply with all infection control, health, and safety policies designated by the department
- Perform other administrative or data entry duties as required
What we are looking for:
- At least 2 years of healthcare administration, data entry, administrative assistant, or other related experience in a medical facility
- Proficiency with health insurance eligibility and related government programs: Medi-Cal, Medicare, CCS
- Experience with EPIC Systems EMR software preferred
- Ability to operate basic office machinery and navigate a computer proficiently
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus!