Patient Care Attendant
|Category||Location||Salary / Rate||Type|
|General Healthcare||Woodstock, Illinois||Full-Time|
The Patient Care Attendant functions in an assistive role in the provisions of patient care services through regular assignments or delegated tasks and is supervised by the RN. The Patient Care Attendant demonstrates the ability to carry out specific tasks with reasonable skill and safety that adheres to the prevailing standard of practice in the nursing community.
- Each shift or visit reflects the provision of care rendered in accordance with Physician's orders/Plan of Care/Home health Aide Assignment Sheet.
- Document all tasks completed and may include:
- Checking/documenting patients' pulse, temperature and respiration.
- Assists patients in simple prescribed exercises and range of motion.
- Maintains records in order to report and discuss observations with a supervisor or case manager.
- Provides patients with help moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs or automobiles, and with dressing ang grooming.
- Changes bed linens, washing and ironing patients' laundry, and cleaning patients' quarters.
- Performs a variety of duties as requested by client; running errands, preparing meals, etc.
- Functions as a team member demonstrating collaborations with and responsibility to the patient, Physician and the health care team.
- Shifts or visits are according to the orders on the Plan of Care/Home Health Aide Assignment sheet
- Observations of significant changes in patient status are communicated to the RN Case Manager.
- Attendance at Multi-Disciplinary Team Meetings is recommended and is documented via sign-in sheets.
- Communicates to RN Case Manager/Director of Clinical Services for each patient as needed.
- Supports and executes the mission, ethics, and goals of the company effectively
- Represents themselves in a positive and professional manner in the company and community.
- Adheres to dress code with a clean and neat professional appearance.
- Reports on time and as scheduled in order to complete work within designated time.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures outlines in the Employee Handbook, Employees Agreement, or communicated from executive team.