Patient Account Representative Job Summary:
Covelo Group is seeking administrative professionals with experience in healthcare for a long-term position in Palo Alto! This Patient Account Representative position is a career launch pad for those pursuing healthcare administration! We want to give you the opportunity to work alongside some of the best the industry has to offer in one of the most prestigious medical centers in the country! You will be responsible for a range of duties within the realm of patient accounts receivable billing and collections.
Our ideal candidate would have a solid background in medical billing and collections and a working knowledge of insurance policies and procedures.
If you're looking for an opportunity where effort, compassion, and attention make a difference, look no further. Let us open your door!
As a Covelo Registration Clerk, you can expect:
- Long-term, full-time position with competitive, weekly pay
- Eligibility to enroll in benefits after just 30 days of employment
- Clear path to career advancement with an outstanding medical organization
- 24/7 on-call support from your Covelo team!
Your day-to-day will include:
- Charge entry and charge batch balancing
- Claims editing and submission to various payers
- AR collections and payer follow-up
- Payer denial review and appeals processing
- Maintaining proficiency and compliance with all health and safety policies designated by the department
- Performing other administrative or data entry duties as required
What we are looking for:
- At least 2 years of directly related work experience
- Knowledge of accounts receivable systems like SMS, IDX, or Meditech
- Knowledge of medical reimbursement policies and procedures
- Proficiency with health insurance eligibility and related government programs: Medi-Cal, Medicare, CCS
- Experience with EPIC Systems EMR software preferred
- Ability to operate basic office machinery and navigate a computer proficiently
- Knowledge of medical terminology