Patient Account Representative
|Category||Location||Salary / Rate||Type|
|Healthcare Administration||Newark, California||Full-Time|
Patient Account Representative Summary:
Covelo Group is seeking dependable healthcare administration professionals for opportunities available in Newark! We have multiple positions available with varying duties and levels of responsibility.
This critical customer service role will afford you the opportunity to get unrivaled professional experience with a medical group that ranks in the top 10 most prestigious in the country!
We're offering a full-time position where you will be responsible for a wide range of duties varying from recording simple patient demographic information to verifying insurance eligibility and providing financial estimates. This position is a great opportunity for an administrative professional with healthcare experience to get their foot in the door with one of the top medical centers nationwide and start building a career where your effort and compassion truly will help others!
You will Receive:
- A full-time role with competitive, weekly pay.
- Benefit eligibility (medical, dental, vision, life, and more) after only 30 days of full-time employment.
- 401(k) with company match!
- Invaluable industry experience in a dynamic healthcare environment.
- 24/7 on-call support from our team so you can focus on building your career!
Your day-to-day may include:
- Interviewing patients to collect basic demographic information and financial/insurance data.
- Entering authorization and insurance verification into the digital records system and working with other departments to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Processing patient accounts receivable billing and collections.
- Balancing charge entries and batches and editing claims and submissions,
- Payer follow-up, denial review, and appeals processing.
- Managing workflow in EPIC system to ensure deadlines are met.
- Manage undistributed payments, post payments, and process refunds.
- Patient advocacy and application processing for charity organizations.
- Maintaining proficiency and complying with all infection control, health, and safety policies designated by the department.
- Performing other administrative or data entry duties as required.
What we are looking for:
- 1+ years of experience working in a medical setting.
- Experience in medical billing and coding, insurance verification, pre-authorizations, or related customer service role in a medical organization.
- Experience in finance or accounting for a major organization a plus.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to multitask, think critically under pressure, and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.