Patient Access Specialist
|Category||Location||Salary / Rate||Type|
Patient Access Representative Job Summary:
Covelo Group is seeking a dependable hospital service coordinator for opportunities available in Baltimore. This critical customer service role will afford you the opportunity to get unrivaled professional experience with one of the largest hospitals in Maryland!
We're offering a full-time position where you will be responsible for a wide range of duties varying from recording simple patient demographic information to verifying insurance eligibility and providing financial estimates. This position is a great opportunity for an administrative professional with healthcare experience to get their foot in the door with one of the top medical centers nationwide and start building a career where your effort and compassion truly will help others!
As a Covelo Patient Service Representative, you can expect:
- Competitive, weekly pay.
- Benefit eligibility (medical, dental, vision, life, and more) after only 30 days of full-time employment.
- 401(k) with company match!
- Valuable industry experience in a dynamic healthcare environment.
- 24/7 on-call support from our team so you can focus on building your career!
Your day-to-day will include:
- Interviewing patients to collect basic demographic information and financial/insurance data.
- Calculating and discussing financial estimates with patients.
- Entering authorization and insurance verification into the digital records system and working with other departments to resolve issues.
- Maintaining proficiency and complying with all infection control, health, and safety policies designated by the department.
- Performing other administrative or data entry duties as required.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 1 year of healthcare administration, data entry, administrative assistant, or other related healthcare experience.
- Familiarity with ICD 9-CM and CPT coding.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations regarding health insurance.
- Ability to operate basic office machinery and navigate a computer proficiently.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to multitask and think critically under pressure.
- Experience with insurance verification preferred.