Patient Access Representative
|Category||Location||Salary / Rate||Type|
Patient Access Representative Job Summary:
Covelo Group is seeking a dependable hospital service coordinator for opportunities available in Chicago. This critical customer service role will afford you the opportunity to get unrivaled professional experience with a medical center that ranks in the top 10 most prestigious hospitals in the country!
We're offering a full-time position where you will be responsible for a wide range of duties varying from recording simple patient demographic information to verifying insurance eligibility and providing financial estimates. This position is a great opportunity for an administrative professional with healthcare experience to get their foot in the door with one of the top medical centers nationwide and start building a career where your effort and compassion truly will help others!
As a Covelo Admitting Representative, you can expect:
- Competitive, weekly pay.
- Benefit eligibility (medical, dental, vision, life, and more) after only 30 days of full-time employment.
- 401(k) with company match!
- Valuable industry experience in a dynamic healthcare environment.
- 24/7 on-call support from our team so you can focus on building your career!
Your day-to-day will include:
- Interviewing patients to collect basic demographic information and financial/insurance data.
- Scheduling patients for visits and deconflicting with care provider schedules.
- Calculating and discussing financial estimates with patients.
- Entering authorization and insurance verification into the digital records system and working with other departments to resolve issues.
- Maintaining proficiency and complying with all infection control, health, and safety policies designated by the department.
- Performing other administrative or data entry duties as required.
What we are looking for:
- 2-3 years of healthcare administration, patient scheduler, administrative assistant, or other related healthcare experience.
- Ability to operate basic office machinery and navigate a computer proficiently.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to multitask and think critically under pressure.
- EPIC medical records experience preferred.
- Experience with insurance verification preferred.