|Category||Location||Salary / Rate||Type|
Covelo Group is seeking experienced medical professionals for an opportunity in Augusta! This Nursing Assistant position will afford you the opportunity to grow your medical skills and expand your professional network while getting your foot in the door with a major medical system! You will be responsible for improving the patient experience and maintaining a safe, clean, and healthy environment. Your focus will be the basic quality-of-life for your patients, so duties such as recording vitals, providing ambulatory assistance, and seeing to hygiene needs will be key in the individualized care of patients.
In this position you may support departments that are treating COVID-19, so if you're ready to take the next step in a rewarding career while also doing what you can to help your community heal, then here's your start!
As a Covelo Nursing Assistant, you can expect:
- Dependable, full-time schedule with competitive weekly pay.
- Unrivaled experience in a major hospital.
- Benefit eligibility (medical, dental, vision, life, and more) after only 30 days of full-time employment.
- Strict safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- 24/7 on-call support from you Covelo team!
Your day-to-day will include:
- Assisting in daily living by delivering meals, ambulating, and providing fresh water and nourishment between meals.
- Aiding patients with personal hygiene: baths/showers, getting to/from the toilet, or positioning bed pans.
- Providing adjunct care by administering enemas, non-sterile dressings, surgical preps, ice packs, heat treatments, therapeutic baths, and applying restraints when needed.
- Maintaining patient stability by checking vital signs and weight, testing urine, and recording intake and output information.
- Supporting patients by answering call lights, patient's requests, and aiding with transportation when needed.
- Reporting observations and changes in patient's condition to nursing supervisor.
What we are looking for:
- Experience as a Nursing Assistant, EMT, PCA, Caregiver, or other related medical role.
- BLS certification preferred, but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially when it comes to delivering sensitive information to patients and/or families.
- Ability to think critically under pressure.