Medical Technician (Lab Technician)
|Category||Location||Salary / Rate||Type|
|CNA||New York, New York||Full-Time|
Are you a motivated and meticulous Clinical Lab Technician searching for a new opportunity? Look no further than Covelo Group!
Our talent acquisition professionals service some of the most prestigious medical facilities across the country by pairing excellent talent with career-propelling positions! We are currently seeking a Medical Laboratory Technician for a long-term opportunity available in Manhattan. This position is a full-time role offering a steady schedule with competitive weekly pay, benefit eligibility after just 30 days, and invaluable experience on the front lines of COVID-19 testing and study!
Day-to-day duties include:
- Performing specialized clinical laboratory testing.
- Assists with training of clinical staff for point-of-care testing of COVID-19 and influenza.
- Preparing reports and ensuring data entry into record keeping systems is prompt and accurate.
- Adhering to laboratory's quality control and safety policies.
- Participating in quality control programs and proficiency testing as required by regulatory agencies.
- Assists with maintaining an adequate stock of reagents and other testing supplies.
- Avoiding misidentification of patient specimens by understanding and practicing the National Patient Safety Goals.
What you'll need to bring to the table:
- A NY Medical Technician license.
- Minimum 1 year of paid laboratory tech experience.
- Completion of an Associates-level program with one year of clinical laboratory experience.
- Professional and positive attitude and appearance.