Medical Assistant (Urgent Care)
|Category||Location||Salary / Rate||Type|
|Allied Health||Phoenix, Arizona||Full-Time|
Medical Assistant Job Description
Covelo Group is seeking experienced Medical Assistants for full-time opportunities available in Phoenix, AZ. As a Covelo Group MA, you will have the critical responsibility of providing front and back-office support to professional staff while ensuring an exceptional experience for the patient population. So, it’s important we have someone with excellent communication skills and knowledge of both medical front and back office procedures. All experienced Medical Assistants who enjoy working in a team model to improve patient's experience while supporting processes to improve patient satisfaction are encouraged to apply immediately!
- Perform a variety of clerical support duties including receptionist, telephone, scheduling, message management and data input
- Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients. Escort the patient to the examining room, obtain a brief history, document chief complaints, take vital signs to include weight and temperature. Prep the patient for exam, assists the physician/clinician on exams and any special procedures.
- Receive telephone calls from patients, pharmacy and others, document and relay information to providers for action. Phone pharmacy with approved medication orders/refills
- Maintain clean, neat and well-stocked exam rooms
- Perform a variety of front office duties as needed, including, but not limited to, reception, telephone, chart maintenance, insurance forms and scheduling
- Organize and communicate with insurance companies for authorizations for therapies, testing and specialist referrals. Provide appropriate referrals to case management for employees.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-year of Medical Assistant experience
- BLS certification