|Category||Location||Salary / Rate||Type|
|Allied Health||New Haven, Connecticut||Full-Time|
Performs duties under the direction of a physician to assist in the examination and treatment of patients.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height and record information on patientÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s charts.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Drapes patients with covering and positions instruments and equipment.
- Hand instruments and materials to doctor as directed.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials.
- Operates x-ray, electrocardiograph (EKG), and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic test or calls medical facility or department to schedule patients for tests.
- Gives injections or treatments, and preforms routine lab tests.
- Schedules appointments, receives money for bills, keeps x-ray and other medical records, performs secretarial tasks, and completes insurance forms.
- May key data into computer to maintain office and patient records.
- May keep billing records, enter financial transactions into bookkeeping letters and computer, and mail monthly statements to patients
- Required to stand, stoop, bend, sit and reach frequently.
- Lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Supports and executes the mission, ethics, and goals of the company effectively
- Represents themselves in a positive and professional manner in the company and community.
- Adheres to dress code with a clean and neat professional appearance.
- Reports on time and as scheduled in order to complete work within designated time.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures outlines in the Employee Handbook, Employees Agreement, or communicated from executive team.
- High School diploma or its equivalent
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language
- Good telephone communication skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of medical procedures
- Knowledge of clerical functions
- Current BLS card (per facility)
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- 1+ year experience preferred