|Category||Location||Salary / Rate||Type|
Under limited supervision, the licensed practical/vocational nurse (LPN/LVN) is responsible for the delivery of patient care to assigned patients utilizing the nursing processes of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation in accordance with federal, state, and local laws, and any standards, policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations that govern any facility the LPN/LVN is working at.
- Provides skilled nursing as ordered on the plan of treatment and nursing care plan.
- Each shift of visit reflects the provision of skilled nursing care rendered in accordance with physician's orders.
- New problems, changes, and/or resolution or problems are identified and followed through as follows:
- Director/Supervisor notification
- Physician notification to obtain necessary orders for intervention(s) per state regulations.
- Documentation of same on clinical notes, supplemental physical orders and nursing care plan.
- Observe aseptic technique as required.
- Performs specific treatments and medication administration as per care plan.
- Functions as a team member under the direction of the registered nurse.
- Shifts are according to the order on the plan of treatment.
- Skilled observations and significant changes in patient status are communicated to the Director of Clinical Services and/or Clinical Manager.
- Requests for modification of orders or additional orders are made based on the patient's clinical status and skilled nursing judgment.
- All physician collaboration is documented in medical record.
- Supports and executes the mission, ethics, and goals of the company effectively
- Represents themselves in a positive and professional manner in the company and community.
- Adheres to dress code with a clean and neat professional appearance.
- Reports on time and as scheduled in order to complete work within designated time.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures outlines in the Employee Handbook, Employees Agreement, or communicated from executive team.
- Holds a LVN/LPN license for the state in which the nurse practices
- Professional experience required per state regulations
- Current CPR certification per state regulations
- Successful completion of the Screening Test with a passing rate
- Must meet the competency as set by Competency Program
- Flexible and organized with the ability to exercise independent and sound judgment