Licensed Vocational Nurse – Psychiatric Care
|Category||Location||Salary / Rate||Type|
Covelo Group supports some of the top medical groups, hospitals, and clinics across the country. From coast-to-coast, we hire skilled professionals of all specialties, backgrounds, and skill levels. Whether it's a career launch pad you're looking for or just in need of a change, the professionals at Covelo Group may have just the opportunity for you!
We're in search of experienced Licensed Vocational Nurses and Licensed Psychiatric Technicians for full-time work in Oakland. This is an excellent opportunity to get valuable experience providing recovery-focused services to patients in an acute care center known for being on the leading edge of psychiatric care. Treatment is based on the belief that even during the acute phase of an illness, all people have the potential to rehabilitate and make choices that support their hopes and dreams. Thus, all services provided are person-centered with the goal of enhancing an individual’s safety, health, and quality of life.
As a Covelo LVN / LPN, you can expect:
- Eligibility to enroll in benefits after just 30 days of full-time work (medical, dental, vision, life, & more).
- Competitive weekly pay (get paid every Friday).
- Excellent professional experience with a major medical group.
- 24/7 on-call support from our dedicated team!
In this position, you will:
- Provide nursing care and assist with the welcoming, admission, and discharge processes.
- Establish therapeutic relationships with patients/clients.
- Provide direct client care utilizing a combination of intensive teaching and natural environments training arrangements.
- Assist with development and implementation of patient care plans.
- Administer medications and other therapeutic treatments to patients.
- Document the progress of members served toward their recovery goals.
- May assist with restraining patients if needed.
- Graduation from an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse or Licensed Psychiatric Technician program.
- Licensed in California as an LVN or LPT, depending on your specialty.
- 6+ months of experience providing direct care and special services to persons with developmental disabilities.
- CPR, CPI, and First Aid certifications on date of employment.
- Understanding of psychiatric illness, treatments, and knowledge of psychotropic medication preferred.
So, if you're ready for something new, let Covelo show you what we can do!