Janitorial Supervisor (Hospital)
|Category||Location||Salary / Rate||Type|
|Janitorial (EVS)||Palo Alto, California||Full-Time|
Janitorial Supervisor Job Summary:
Covelo Group seeks motivated, dependable workers with leadership experience for an excellent opportunity in Palo Alto! In this position, you will play a critical role in the Environmental Services department of a major Bay Area medical center by managing a team responsible for day-to-day janitorial tasks. Duties including cleaning and supplying of various rooms, nursing stations, lounges, offices and waiting areas. This is a great opportunity to expand your skills and grow your career with a highly respected organization while working a dependable, full-time position with benefit eligibility after just 30 days on the job! In addition, you can expect 24/7 on-call support from us while you get settled in.
Motivated, career-minded individuals excited to make a difference in the healthcare industry are encouraged to apply immediately!
About Your Day-To-Day:
- Supervise custodial services staff and assign daily activities.
- Train new employees on equipment and safe use of cleaning products and chemicals.
- Ensure staff operations are in compliance with organizational policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Maintain supply and equipment inventory and complete proper forms to order new items.
- Conduct competency and performance evaluations of subordinates.
- Participate in department trainings and seminars.
- Administer disciplinary actions and counseling sessions with under-performing employees.
Skills You Will Need:
- Experience as a janitor, custodian, housekeeper, or environmental services technician in a healthcare setting.
- Experience managing a team or leading a crew of 8+ team members.
- Knowledge of Union standards and ability to manage Union employees.
- Proficiency with digital resources such as Microsoft Office, digital databases, and timekeeping systems.
- Ability to work well with others, communicate effectively, and display a professional appearance and attitude.
- Authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. (2 forms of government-issued ID required).