Janitorial Supervisor (Hospital)
|Category||Location||Salary / Rate||Type|
|Janitorial (EVS)||Chicago, Illinois||Full-Time|
Janitorial Supervisor Job Summary:
Covelo Group seeks motivated, dependable workers with leadership experience for a great opportunity in Chicago! In this position, you will play a critical role in the Environmental Services department of a major medical center by managing a team responsible for day-to-day janitorial tasks. Duties including cleaning and supplying of various rooms, nursing stations, lounges, offices and waiting areas. This is an excellent opportunity to expand your skills and grow your career with a highly respected organization while working a dependable, full-time position with benefit eligibility after just 30 days on the job! In addition, you can expect 24/7 on-call support from us while you get settled in.
Motivated, career-minded individuals excited to make a difference in the healthcare industry are encouraged to apply immediately!
About Your Day-To-Day:
- Supervise custodial services staff and assign daily activities.
- Train new employees on equipment and safe use of cleaning products and chemicals.
- Ensure staff operations are in compliance with organizational policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Maintain supply and equipment inventory and complete proper forms to order new items.
- Conduct competency and performance evaluations of subordinates.
- Participate in department trainings and seminars.
- Administer disciplinary actions and counseling sessions with under-performing employees.
Skills You Will Need:
- Experience as a janitor, custodian, housekeeper, or environmental services technician in a healthcare setting.
- Experience managing a team or leading a crew.
- Ability to work well with others, communicate effectively, and display a professional appearance and attitude.
- Authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. (2 forms of government-issued ID required).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Reliable transportation.
We understand working in the healthcare industry is demanding right now, given the state of COVID-19. We will do our best to address any questions or concerns you have regarding working in a major hospital.