|Category||Location||Salary / Rate||Type|
|Janitorial (EVS)||Chicago, Illinois||Full-Time|
Hospital Janitor Job Summary:
Covelo Group is seeking experienced environmental services techs for full-time positions available in Chicago! This hospital housekeeping role is an excellent opportunity to work for a recognized leader in the healthcare industry. With a patient-first approach, you will enjoy the satisfaction of making a difference in people’s lives and the pride that comes with doing your part to improve healthcare.
And as a Covelo Group EVS Tech, you’ll receive competitive (weekly!) pay, along with eligibility to enroll in comprehensive benefits after just 30 days of full-time employment. Your Covelo Group dedicated team member is also available 24/7 to ensure you have peace of mind knowing you're supported at all times.
About Your Day-To-Day:
- You’ll be responsible for cleaning and sanitizing patient rooms and departments using proper cleaning methods, equipment and chemicals.
- Empty trash, wastebaskets and linen hampers and transport soiled linens.
- Assist with the distribution and storage of supplies.
- Clean and organize janitor closet per department; ensure janitor closet is always locked and secured.
- Maintain equipment cart used in daily functions and ensure cart is stored properly.
- Adheres to health and safety standards.
Skills You Will Need:
- At least six months of janitorial, custodial, or housekeeping experience in a healthcare or hospitality environment.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent; or a minimum of one year of janitorial experience.
- Must exhibit the ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and staff.
- Must be able to use the proper tracking and communication tools utilized by the department.
- Must be able to work independently.