|Category||Location||Salary / Rate||Type|
|Allied Health||Chicago, Illinois||Full-Time|
Histology Technician Job Summary:
Are you a motivated and meticulous Histology Technician searching for the next big opportunity? Look no further than Covelo Group!
Our talent acquisition professionals service the top medical facilities across the country by pairing excellent talent with career-propelling positions! We are currently seeking Histotechnicians for a long-term opportunity available in Chicago. This position is a full-time role offering a steady schedule with competitive weekly pay, benefit eligibility after just 30 days, and invaluable laboratory experience with a major Midwest medical group.
Day-to-day duties include:
- Examining, fixing, and processing the tissue for proper sample preservation.
- Embedding biopsy, routine surgical, and autopsy tissues per SOP.
- Performing and documenting routine paraffin block reconciliation.
- Recognizing, resolving, and documenting standard processor alarms.
- Cutting a tissue sample with a microtome or cryostat.
- Mounting tissue samples on a slides.
- Staining or dying the sample to emphasize abnormalities.
- Documenting cassettes and tissues accurately and legibly on logs and in LIS.
- Following all required safety procedures, assumes a proactive role in laboratory safety.
What you'll need to bring to the table:
- Experience as a lab technician, histotechnician, or other related role with an active HT or HTL certification.
- Bachelors degree in biology, life sciences, medical laboratory technology, or other related field.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team setting.
- Ability to think critically and follow strict procedures.
- Proficiency with medical information systems and ability to navigate other digital resources.