Healthcare Administrative Assistant
|Category||Location||Salary / Rate||Type|
|Healthcare Administration||Greenbrae, California||Full-Time|
Administrative Assistant Job Summary:
Covelo Group is seeking administrative professionals for a long-term position in Greenbrae! This role is a full-time position where you may be responsible for a wide range of duties varying from recording simple patient information to verifying insurance eligibility and coordinating information flow between departments. This position is a great opportunity for experienced Medical Admin professionals as well as those just interested in getting their foot in the door. We're offering a career launch-pad with a premier medical center that has been servicing the North Bay since 1952! With that in mind, this position will be challenging at times; so if you're ready to take the first step, Covelo has your back!
As a Covelo Unit Clerk, you can expect:
- Dependable, full-time schedule with competitive pay.
- Eligibility to enroll in comprehensive benefits after only 30 days.
- 401k with company match.
- 24/7 on-call support from your Covelo team!
Day-to-day duties include:
- Interviewing patients to collect basic demographic information and financial/insurance data.
- Scheduling patient visits and performing follow-up confirmation calls.
- Transferring calls and emails to the correct departments.
- Entering authorization and insurance verification data into the digital records system.
- Performing other administrative or data entry duties as required.
Requirements for this role are:
- Experience with data entry, administrative assistance, or other related experience in healthcare.
- Basic Life Support certification.
- Experience with EPIC Systems EMR software a plus.
- Ability to operate basic office machinery and navigate a computer proficiently.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.