Environmental Services Supervisor
|Category||Location||Salary / Rate||Type|
|Janitorial (EVS)||Chicago, Illinois||Full-Time|
Environmental Services Supervisor Job Summary:
Covelo Group seeks motivated, dependable leaders for an excellent opportunity in Chicago! In this position, you will play a critical role in the Environmental Services department of a major medical center by managing a team responsible for day-to-day janitorial and housekeeping tasks. Duties including cleaning and supplying of various rooms, nursing stations, lounges, offices and waiting areas. This is a great opportunity to expand your skills and grow your career with a highly respected organization while working a dependable part-time position with 24/7 on-call support from us while you get settled in.
Motivated, career-minded individuals excited to make a difference in the healthcare industry are encouraged to apply immediately!
About Your Day-To-Day:
- Supervise custodial services staff and assign daily activities.
- Train new employees on equipment and safe use of cleaning products and chemicals.
- Ensure staff operations are in compliance with organizational policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Schedule major project work, ensuring that adequate staff and supplies are available to perform tasks.
- Maintain supply and equipment inventory and complete proper forms to order new items.
- Conduct competency and performance evaluations of subordinates.
- Participate in department trainings and seminars.
- Administer disciplinary actions and counseling sessions with under-performing employees.
Skills You Will Need:
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a relevant field.
- Experience as a janitor, custodian, housekeeper, or environmental services technician in a healthcare setting.
- Ability to work well with others, communicate effectively, and display a professional appearance and attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership ability.
- Excellent organization, planning, and problem solving skills.
- Authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. (2 forms of government-issued ID required).