DME Coordinator & Insurance Verification
|Category||Location||Salary / Rate||Type|
|Healthcare Administration||Palo Alto, California||Full-Time|
Covelo Group is seeking a dependable patient services representative for opportunities available in Palo Alto. This critical customer service role will afford you the opportunity to get unrivaled professional experience with a medical group that ranks in the top 10 most prestigious in the country!
We're offering a full-time position where you will be responsible for a range of duties from reviewing records and submitting requests for durable medical equipment(DME) to ensuring financial clearance by verifying insurance eligibility. This position is a great opportunity for an administrative professional with experience supporting medical billing/coding or insurance verification to get their foot in the door with one of the top medical centers nationwide and start building a career where your effort and compassion truly will help others!
As a Covelo Insurance Verification Specialist, you can expect:
- Dependable full-time position with competitive, weekly pay.
- Eligibility to enroll in benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, and more) after only 30 days.
- 401(k) with company match!
- Invaluable industry experience in a dynamic healthcare environment.
- 24/7 on-call support from our team to provide you with peace of mind.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Submitting a high volume of requests for DME to be shipped to patients in need.
- Interviewing patients to collect basic demographic information and financial/insurance data.
- Coordinating with patients and providers alike to obtain, not just verify, insurance authorizations.
- Entering financial clearance and authorizations into the digital records system and working with other departments to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Managing workflow in EPIC system to ensure authorizations are completed within the designated time frame.
- Identifying and communicating if clearances will be too late for the service requested.
- Performing other administrative or data entry duties as required.
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years of experience in medical billing, insurance verification, or related customer service role in a medical organization.
- Knowledge of different insurance plans and ability to distinguish HMO, EPO, and PPO.
- Experience coordinating with patients, vendors, and care providers to request DME and troubleshoot issues.
- Ability to operate basic office machinery and navigate a computer proficiently.
- Ability to multitask and think critically under tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Post-secondary education preferred.