Administrative Assistant – Healthcare
|Category||Location||Salary / Rate||Type|
|Allied Health||Worcester, Massachusetts||Full-Time|
Administrative Assistant Job Summary:
Covelo Group is seeking administrative professionals with experience in healthcare for a long-term position in Worcester. This patient registration role is an excellent launch pad for those pursuing a career in healthcare administration! We want to give you the opportunity to work alongside some of the best the industry has to offer in one of the most prestigious medical centers in the country! You will be responsible for a wide range of duties varying from recording simple patient demographic information to assisting with insurance verification. Our ideal candidate would have a solid background in administrative tasks and unrivaled customer service skills as you will be coordinating with hospital staff and patients alike.
If you're looking for an opportunity where effort, compassion, and attention make a difference, look no further. Let us open your door!
As a Covelo Registration Clerk, you can expect:
- Long-term, full-time position with competitive, weekly pay.
- Eligibility to enroll in benefits after just 30 days of employment.
- Clear path to career advancement with an outstanding medical organization.
- 24/7 on-call support from your Covelo team!
Your day-to-day will include:
- Interviewing patients to collect basic demographic information and financial/insurance data.
- Discussing processes and procedures with patients to ensure they understand how to complete required paperwork.
- Entering authorization and insurance verification into the digital records system.
- Maintaining proficiency and compliance with all infection control, health, and safety policies designated by the department.
- Performing other administrative or data entry duties as required.
What we are looking for:
- Experience as a receptionist, administrative assistant, or other related experience in a medical facility.
- Excellent data entry skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to operate basic office machinery and navigate a computer proficiently.
- Experience with EMR software preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology a plus!